The Private Equity (PE) special interest group addresses private equity and venture capital topics. Its members and their guests are investment professionals, operating partners or professionals looking to become operating executives managing portfolio companies, leading a management buyout, or acquiring a company. The members of the PE SIG are willing to invest the necessary time to become knowledgeable in the field and can be helpful to both the other members of the group and the private equity community in general. Members are expected to develop contacts and opportunities and to attract guest speakers.
- Help members identify target companies.
- Provide networking contacts for potential acquisition targets.
- Provide networking contacts to investment bankers, brokers and other sources for deal flow.
- Provide introductions to private equity firms that match the needs of a member buyer or seller.
- Identify and refer funding opportunities to private equity firms.
- Provide networking contacts to private equity firms.
- Exchange leads for jobs with private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
You must be a registered member of IERG and able to attend the bi-monthly meetings that start at 4:30 PM and finish by 6:00 PM. Private equity principals and investment or commercial bankers regularly join the group as guests.
- Short introduction of members and their interests or goals.
- Guest presentations.
- Question and answer session.